Are you a web guru in search of an awesome bike job in our nation's capital? Come work at Rails-to-Trails Conservancy!The Online Media Manager is responsible for managing the development and implementation of RTC’s web and social media strategy. The position is responsible for planning, coordinating and leading the development, maintenance and enhancement of railstotrails.org. The position also contributes to the development of RTC’s online communications and campaigns. http://www.railstotrails.org/about/careers/online-media-manager/Questions? Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The Volpe Center (USDOT) is hiring a Community Planner. Cambridge, MA. 2. Sound Transit is hiring a Customer Outreach Specialist. Seattle, WA. 3. Go Lloyd is hiring an Employee Outreach/Bicycle Program Manager. Portland, OR. 4. The Oregon DOT is hiring an Active Transportation Liaison for Region 4. Bend, OR. 5. The City of Palo Alto is hiring a Traffic Engineering Lead. Palo Alto, CA. 6. The City of Stamford is hiring a Transportation Planner. Stamford, CT.7. BikeWalkKC is hiring a part-time Graphic Designer. Kansas City, MO. 8. HUB Cycling is hiring a Bike to Work Week Manager. Vancouver, BC. 9. Bike Roswell is hiring a part-time Executive Director. Roswell, GA. 10. Bicycle Colorado is hiring an Active Transportation Manager. Denver, CO.
Join the VeloFemmes of Tacoma, WA for our 3rd annual Yuletide Ride! On Monday, December 7, we'll meet at Bluebeard Coffee Roasters at 6 PM for a warm drink, and ride around 6:30 PM. The ride will be approximately 45 minutes of twinkly light viewing at a slow and casual pace (1 out of 3 bikes). We will end at Engine House No. 9 for food and prizes. All ages welcome!Best lit bikes will be eligible to win scarves, seat covers, and VeloFemmes t-shirts! Facebook event page.
Have some holiday shopping to do? Why not do it by bike?The VeloFemmes in Tacoma, WA are hosting a Shop By Bike Challenge now through Dec. 25.Need some incentive? There will be prizes & discounts at local businesses!Post your photos (on our Facebook event page) of you riding to shop and you will be entered to win.You can shop anywhere, but if you mention the Challenge when you shop at these places, you'll receive a discount when you arrive by bike.*B Sharp Cafe: $1 off your drink*Wildside Wines: 10% discount*Satori: 15% discount*Old Town Bicycle: $5 off when you spend $50*King's Books: 15% discount*The artists at 253 Collective: 10% discount*Urban Exchange: 10% discountYou could win these prizes (more to come!):*Movie tickets to the Grand Cinema*Bike Tune-Up from Old Town Bicycle
Hello, Several bike groups across the US have screened my short film, The Wind in Our Hair for their bike groups, and the feedback has been positive. Now that it is winter, perhaps there are more folks out there who would like to arrange a screening of the film as a social event to bring women cyclists and would be cyclists together. The film focuses on the ways cycling can engender self-empowerment and well-being.You can see a trailer for the film here: https://vimeo.com/105362731See you on the road!Jennifer
I am excited to announce that Bikabout's city guide for San Diego is live and features local businesses and organizations that make the city a destination for sightseeing by bike!The city guide serves as a one stop shop for:travelers planning a trip that need to book air or train travel, hotels, airbnbs and bike rentals / tourslocals looking for self-guided cultural tours, day trips and weekend getawaysnew residents who need tips on routes with bikeable eats, drinks and sightsCheck it out, make sure your info is correct and SHARE! We're looking for ambassadors to curate cultural routes, too!Cheers,Megan
Can you recommend a place for getting a portable disco laser? I want to project a light shows as I am riding on this bike ride in Portland, OR: https://www.facebook.com/events/434538293419307/I need to be able to mount it onto my bike rack. I do not want to get a separate battery and an AC inverter. Cost should be less than $100.Thanks!
1. BikeSGV is hiring an Active Transportation Data Coordinator. El Monte, CA. Source: Emailed to me2. Stanford University is hiring a TDM Coordinator. Search for job 69049 on this site. Stanford, CA. Source: CUTR TDM list serve3. NYCDOT is hiring a Director of Geometric Design. NYC. Source: APBP list serve4. Boulder is hiring a Director of Public Works. Boulder, CO. Source: NACTO job board5. Issaquah is hiring a Transportation Engineering Manager. Issaquah, WA. Source: NACTO job board6. SF City & County is hiring a Transportation Policy Planner. SF, CA. Source: NACTO job board7. Portland Bike Share is hiring a General Manager. Portland, OR. Source: NACTO job board8. SF Bike is hiring a Campaigns Director. SF, CA. Source: Streetblog jobs board
1. The University of Arizona is hiring an Alternative Transportation Manager. Tucson, AZ. Source: APBP list serve2. The University of Westminster is hiring a Senior Lecturer - Designing Cities. London, UK. Source: Twitter user @rachelaldred3. The Washington DOT is hiring a Bicycle/Pedestrian Coordinator. Seattle, WA. Source: Twitter user @Nats_Blog4. TransitCenter is hiring a Program Analyst. NYC. Source: Sent to me by email5. The San Diego Association of Governments is hiring an Active Transportation Planner, a Senior TDM Program Analyst, and a Regional TDM Planner. San Diego, CA. Source: APBP list serve6. The Wichita Area MPO is hiring an Associate Planner. Wichita, KS. Source: APBP list serve7. The City of Grand Rapids is hiring a TDM program manager. Grand Rapids, MI. Source: APBP list serve8. The Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management at North Carolina State University invites applications for a three-year doctoral student and research assistantship focused on the use of video, images, and GIS/GPS in built environment and health research. Raleigh, NC. Source: APBP list serve9. The city of Cambridge is hiring a Traffic, Parking, and Transportation Engineering Manager. Cambridge, MA. Source: APBP list serve10. The City of St. Petersburg is hiring an entry-level transportation planner, with duties to include active transportation. Apply here. St. Petersburg, FL. Source: APBP list serve11. The University of Maryland is hiring a Sustainability and Communications Coordinator to include TDM duties. College Park, MD. Source: CUTR TDM list serve12. Opus International Consultants is hiring a Senior Sustainable Transport Consultant. Auckland, NZ. Source: CUTR TDM list serve
Hello I will be in Oakland next week and would like to visit a few local bike shops as well as participate in any group bike rides/events that might be happening. What's your favorite Oakland or San Francisco bike shop and or group ride?
Check out this job opening, come work with me!The Copy Coordinator, in close coordination with the Design & Media Director and other Adventure Cycling Association staff, performs duties associated with both incoming and outgoing copy pertaining to all organizational collateral, media, and messaging. These include Adventure Cyclist magazine, Cyclosource sales catalogs, Adventure Cycling’s annual tours catalog, and all associated digital, electronic, and online counterparts, as well as Adventure Cycling’s website, online, and social media content.http://www.adventurecycling.org/about-us/employment/copy-coordinator/
1. DDOT is hiring a Transportation Equity and Inclusion Manager and a Deputy Associate Director for Mass Transportation. Washington, DC. Source: NACTO job board2. Washington State Transit Association is hiring an Executive Director. Olympia, WA. Source: Twitter user @humantransit.3. The City of Menlo Park is hiring a Transportation Management Coordinator. Menlo Park, CA. Source: emailed directly to me4. Commute Seattle is hiring a Commute Trip Reduction Services Coordinator. Seattle, WA. Source: email from ACT Cascade 5. The Alliance for Commuter Transportation is hiring an Executive Director. Can't tell where it's located. Source: CUTR TDM list serve6. The City of Somerville is hiring a Transportation Analyst. Somerville, MA. Source: NACTO job board7. Love to Ride is hiring a Marketing Manager. Can be located anywhere in the US, with a preference for Atlanta. Source: APBP list serve8. The Bicycle Alliance of Greater Philadelphia is hiring a Development Director. Philadelphia, PA. Source: Alliance for Biking and Walking Job Board9. The Bicycle Coalition of Maine is hiring an Event Coordinator. Portland, ME. Source: Alliance for Biking and Walking Job Board10. The Washington Area Bicycle Association is hiring an Education Coordinator. Washington, DC. Source: Alliance for Biking and Walking Job Board11. The Cascade Bicycle Club is hiring a Sponsorship Manager. Seattle, WA. Source: Alliance for Biking and Walking Job Board12. Bicycle Transit Systems is hiring a bike sharing General Manager for both Oklahoma City and Los Angeles. Source: Streetsblog Job Board13. TransAlt is hiring a Support Services Director. New York, NY. Source: Streetsblog Job Board14. King County Metro is hiring a Project/Program Manager III (Business Transportation Solutions). Since this title isn't very enlightening, I'll post the expanded description below:This PPM III will serve as the Lead of our ORCA (regional smart card transit fare system) Products team in our Business Transportation Solutions workgroup. The mission of the Business Transportation Solutions workgroup is to increase transit ridership, improve mobility options and reduce congestion through organizational programs and business-based sales. We do this by developing and maintaining business relationships and contracts with partner agencies and providing a high level of customer support for them, with a view to increasing business account sales. In addition, we develop and promote new programs for our business customers that enhance their experience with us and build loyalty and trust.In this position, as Lead, you will utilize your leadership, learned product expertise and positive interpersonal and communication skills to help the team increase customer support and growth in transit pass sales and service. Location is popular Pioneer Square in downtown Seattle, WA. Click here for the online posting and to apply online. www.kingcounty.gov/jobs.
Multicultural Communities for Mobility (MCM) advocates for safe, equitable streets for & with people who walk, bike, and use public transit in Los Angeles.The Program and Policy Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing programming and managing volunteer roles for events and activities, and serving as an ambassador for MCM at local meetings, leadership convenings, and conferences.Program Management Responsibilities:The Program and Policy Coordinator will convene the MCM programs committee to guide, organize logistics, monitor, and evaluate all programming identified during an annual strategic planning meeting involving MCM’s advisory board. The coordinator may also have the opportunity to create new programs that fit their interests in research, policy development, and community organizing. This person will work actively with the Advisory Board and volunteer Program Committee members.Policy-related Responsibilities:This position is expected to develop social and political capital for MCM by representing the organization in meetings with public officials and/or staff, as well as by serving in coalitions. The ideal candidate is passionate about social justice, growing partnerships, serving communities of color, and improving access to walking, biking, rolling, and transit use in communities.The ideal candidate:Is confident in their communication abilities and interpersonal skills (in-person, on the phone, via e-mail, and on social media)Is concerned with cultural humility and learning about people’s personal and cultural identitiesHas experience with non-profit organizationsIs detail and deadline oriented; self-motivated and can work independentlyHas great time management skillsHas excellent written and verbal communication skills with a variety of individualsHas the ability to work with in groups of all sizes and levels of professional experienceIs fluent in English and SpanishIs a great team member and team leaderIs open to working remotely, from home, and in the fieldIs available to work 20-28 hours a weekHas a fantastic sense of humor and is down for La CausaSalary range for this part-time position is $23,000 – $30,000 depending on experience and qualifications.Please send cover letter and resume to Betty Avila, MCM Board Chair at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is November 15, 2015. Women, LGBT, and people of color highly encouraged to apply.
Hi everyone! My partner and I are setting off to tour New Zealand in January and we're wondering about how to take our Surly LHTs with us. We know how to break them down and get them into boxes, but we also just came across this blog post and it's certainly intriguing... would mean way less break down/set up time, and potentially fewer problems once we arrive. What are your thoughts? Anybody gone the plastic bag route?! Also say hey if you'll be biking NZ this winter!
Hello bike sisterhood! With great sadness but a healthy dash of excitement, I'd like to announce the opening of my position at Bike Newport, a tiny-yet-mighty advocacy organization located in beautiful Newport, Rhode Island. After two and half amazing years at Bike Newport, I'll be setting off this winter for a 6-month bike tour of New Zealand and Asia, (hopefully) followed by grad school. Won't one of you amazing two wheeled women fill my shoes? Here is a listing for the position: http://bikenewportri.org/bike-newport-is-hiring-2/I'm happy to answer any and all questions about the organization, the job and/or Newport. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are learning to ride, or haven't really ridden since you were a kid, or are otherwise seeking the sense of safety that being able to plant both feet on the ground at any time provides (hello bar-hopping bike!)--Ramona is for you. She's also great for anyone with a killer sense of style who wants an affordable bike to match.Ramona is a step-through Schwinn Suburban with all of her classic parts--saddle, fenders, handlebars, etc., plus an added basket and lights so she's ready to ride.She's been converted to a single speed (Not the same as a fixie--it just means you don't have to deal with any gear shifting. The bike coasts, and stops with handbrakes.) for maximum simplicity. I'm 5'4", and I raise the seat a bit--it should fit anyone within a few inches of that height.$100 to good home. <3This was my first bike and I can't recommend it enough, especially for new or nervous riders. If you are either of those, I promise no judgement if you need help (or need me to look away) while you take a test ride. More pics available!
Hello everyone, I'm looking to hire a Development Intern. $10/hour based in the city of San Diego. Details and how to apply are here: http://bikesd.org/now-hiring-development-intern/Thanks for passing the word around.
My colleagues are hiring! Fabulous working environment with a innovative program:WE’RE HIRING: EDUCATION COORDINATOROctober 16, 2015 | Daniel HoaglandThe Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) seeks a full-time Education Coordinator for our bicycle education and outreach programming dedicated to serving adults in DC region.WABA’s education and outreach programs are highly regarded and successful, helping adults throughout the DC region to learn to ride bikes, to ride safely and comfortably on city streets, and to use bicycles to commute to and from work. These programs create opportunities to engage with and educate adults no matter how they ride.Reporting to the Program Director, this position will coordinate several of WABA’s existing programs, as well as working with development staff to design, fund, and implement new ideas. WABA is a small but growing office, and on occasion, all staff are asked to assist in general WABA duties and major events. ResponsibilitiesThe Education Coordinator will:Plan, coordinate, and implement several key WABA programs, including Adult Learn to Ride classes, City Cycling classes, Community rides, and Everyday Biking seminars. This includes:Delivering high-quality bicycling experiences to adults throughout WABA’s service area.Scheduling a total of 70+ classes, rides, and seminars per year across these programs.Designing and modifying events, topics, ride routes, and curricula as needed.Marketing and promoting programs and conducting outreach activities.General administration, including program evaluation, blog posts, data entry, organization/inventory, clerical work, etc.Recruit, train, and coordinate WABA’s corps of 40+ contracted instructors to deliver programs effectively.Hire, train, and supervise a part-time seasonal Senior Instructor position.Collaborate with the Programs team in resource sharing, skills development, and cross-program integration of ideas.With the Programs team, commit to achieving the goals laid out in the 2015 WABA Strategic Plan.With the Development team, revamp the Adult Learn to Ride program to meet the growing demand with a sustainable business growth plan.Identify new programmatic areas of need, design programs to meet those needs, work with the Development team to obtain funding, and implement them.Perform a variety of tasks related to the operations of WABA including office tasks, event assistance, and clerical work.Preferred QualificationsThe ideal candidate will have:Current League Cycling Instructor (LCI) certification or equivalent OR the willingness/ability to obtain certification within first 2-3 months of employment.1-2 years of outdoor/active/experiential education experience OR 1-2 years of adult education classroom experience.1+ year(s) of direct supervisory experience.The ability to pass DC Public Schools’ volunteering requirements: tuberculosis test and criminal background check.Excellent public speaking, presentation, and writing skills.A flexible schedule, specifically working weekends and/or evenings during busy periods of the year. Expect to work 4 hours every weekend day during the April-June and September-November periods.The ability to organize time wisely, specifically structuring a 40-hour schedule around out-of-office work, weekends, and evenings.The ability to lift 45 lbs.The ability to ride a bike comfortably and confidently in urban/suburban situations.The ability to ride a bike for moderate distances (approx. 10-15 miles/day)The ability to carry/tow up to 50 lbs. by bike.A strong commitment to WABA’s mission.A solid understanding of and commitment to the principles of bicycling safety and traffic law.Marketing and social media skills (technical expertise in Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred)Benefits include flex time, vacation, sick and personal leave, and WABA’s retirement and health insurance programs. Expected salary range: $35,000-$40,000. This position is full-time.ContactSend a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.Applications will be accepted until October 30th. Expected start date is December 1st, 2015.
I'm putting together a new community zine surrounded around the theme of feminism and health: If you're a female-identifying or gender non-conforming individual and have something to say about health, please submit material to the zine! The goal of the zine is to provide a safe space to share experiences, advice or insight, or thoughts concerning personal health.Submissions can fall under the following categories:mental health/illness, physical health/illness, sexual health, pregnancy, body image, or disabilities. Deadline for submissions is MONDAY Oct. 26. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey ladies, I'm traveling to San Diego for Bikabout and the National Bike Tourism conference and need an airbnb or place to stay downtown from Nov 2-4.Would love to stay with someone who has the intricate knowledge of SD's urban biking scene!
1. The City of Sacramento is hiring an Active Transportation Programs Specialist. Sacramento, CA. 2. Orange County, Florida, is hiring three Planner III/Planner II positions, with a strong focus on active transportation. More information and an online application are at http://www.ocfl.net/jobs; Planner III: Job ID 16253 & Planner II: Job ID 16441. Orlando, FL. 3. 36 Commuting Solutions is hiring a Marketing Coordinator. Louisville, CO. 4. Stanford University's Parking & Transportation Services is hiring an Associate Director of Operations. Interested candidates should apply at Stanford's job site, job 68673. Stanford, CA. 5. The Memphis Metropolitan Planning Organization is hiring a Transportation Planner. Memphis, TN. 6. UC Berkeley is hiring a TDM manager. Go to UC job website and look for job 20624. Berkeley, CA.
Hey there! The Washington Area Bicyclist Association is looking for a new Membership Coordinator! Deadline to apply is October 5, so don't miss it! They are hoping to have someone in the position to start training by October 12. If you want to work with incredible people while helping to make the nation's capital a more wonderful place to ride a bicycle, this is a great opportunity. I've had this job before and the organization is both very fun and extremely effective. ******************************************************************The Washington Area Bicyclist Association seeks an enthusiastic, dynamic, detail-oriented membership coordinator to manage WABA’s growing membership program. We need a go- getter with strong and sincere people skills; someone with enthusiasm for WABA’s mission, and the qualifications necessary to identify, engage, and recruit potential individual members, business members, and donors. The membership coordinator will report to the Deputy Director and work directly with WABA staff to integrate membership goals throughout WABA’s programs as outlined in the new 5-year Strategic Plan. WABA is a small but growing organization, and on occasion, all staff are asked to assist in general WABA duties and major events.ResponsibilitiesUsing WABA’s 5-year Strategic Plan, create an annual workplan with the targets, tools, methods, and a budget to meet and exceed individual membership and business members revenue goals.Oversee and market member benefits/discount partnership program, including: securing new member benefit partners and promoting existing partners through blog, social media, and membership materials.Collaborate with WABA staff to effectively grow and promote membership through our outreach, events, education, and communications.Coordinate membership appreciation events and represent WABA at our events, other community events, and through pop-up, on-street outreach to engage area bicyclists and actively sell membershipsManage and maintain WABA’s membership database, including: data entry, updates and de-duplication of member and supporters information, organization and inventory, clerical work, and membership/renewal contribution processing and fulfillment. All with great discretion handling and managing personal and private financial information.Prepare regular, quarterly, and annual reports on program performance.Lead all facets of membership-related communications and messaging, including: email communication, blog posts, web content, social media communication (in collaboration with the Communications Coordinator), direct mail, print materials, and merchandise.With input from staff and board, develop and execute annual membership projects, like the membership survey, fall membership drive, and coordination on Bike to Work Day.Train, organize, and oversee membership volunteers and coordinate membership volunteer nights.Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Directors Membership Committee (ad hoc).QualificationsThe ideal candidate will have:An enthusiastic commitment to WABA’s mission.A comfort with making “the ask” i.e. possessing the skills to actively sell memberships and fundraise. This is not a position for someone who is not willing or comfortable engaging individuals to ask for financial support.Background in membership programs.Strong and sincere verbal skills, people skills, the ability to interact with diverse audiences, and excellent written communication skills.Capacity for development and fundraising.A high attention to detail with a focus on accuracy.Excellent time management skills, able to balance multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.A self-motivated approach, able to manage programs and campaigns with little oversight.Previous CRM database management experience, ideally using Salsalabs.Experience with direct mail and email communication campaigns a plus.Strong computer literacy skills with specific experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.Benefits include health/dental insurance, flex time, vacation, sick and personal leave, committed colleagues, fun working environment, and WABA’s retirement program. Salary is based on a non-profit scale and commensurate with experience. This position is full-time.ApplySend a compelling cover letter and resume addressing your interest in the position, commitment to WABA’s mission, bicycle related experience, related qualifications, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications accepted until COB Monday, October 5th, 2015 ideally with a target start date of October 12.WABA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, or age.
Hello Wonderful Wheelwomen!My name is Lolly Walsh. I'm a freelance writer who has been in the bicycle advocacy world for about 7 years, and I'm looking to expand my client base.I've worked with Bike Pittsburgh, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition, and the Washington Area Bicyclist Association, where I'm currently consulting. I used to write for Momentum, for Next City, for the Bike Pittsburgh and WABA blogs, and for my own blog, Reimagine an Urban Paradise (admittedly a mouthful!).If you need a writer, or know a person or business who might, would you consider sending them my way?One recent project was supposed to be a one-page rewrite of a client's website but he was so pleased with it that I'm now doing 10 projects for his company every month. These are some quotes of feedback I've received: "I love everything you've been doing, it's been tremendously helpful!""This is awesome.""The key is that you're speaking to the Executive Director in his/her words..clear, simple language..which is perfect.Thanks so much! Lolly Walsh504.777.0712
1. SoundTransit is hiring a Transit Safety Program Specialist. Seattle. Closes on Friday. Source: emailed directly to me.2. The USDOT is hiring a Librarian (Data Curator) for the National Transportation Library. Washington, DC. Source: Twitter user @bikepedantic3. Streetsblog SF is hiring an editor. SF, CA. Source: Twitter user @streetsblognet4. Facebook is hiring a TDM Manager. Menlo Park, CA. Source: CUTR TDM list serve5. Austin B-Cycle is hiring for a whole pile of positions, including an Operational Director, Operations Coordinator and a part-time person to manage their equity grant. Austin, TX. Source: Twitter user @bikepedantic
Excellent condition fat tire bike for sale. Only 97 miles on it (documented on Strava).Motobecane 2015 Boris the Brut19" frame (fits riders 5'11" - 6'2")Hydraulic Disc Brakes4.5" tiresSpare tube (brand new) includedShimano componentsCan send complete specs via email if interested. Selling for $800 - firmLocal pick up only. Chicagoland area.Extend your riding season and put a smile on your face. Start riding a fat tire bike.
Helping our community grow has never been easier.
Need assistance? Ask for help. Have a unique skill? Offer it up.